InFocus Film School
Social Media Content Intern
*The position is only open to:
- Post-secondary students currently enrolled in a public institution.
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents
Duration of employment:
- 4 months or one semester with option for contract renewal
- 2 days per week
InFocus Film School is an independent film school built on the foundation of accelerated hands-on education in cinematic arts. As a premier centre of excellence in film production and screenwriting, we have also expanded into the world of 3D animation, visual effects and graphic design.
We are seeking a social media content creator to join our marketing team. The content creator will be creating engaging content that provides value to social media followers. This includes social media advertisements, Instagram reels, TikTok videos, engaging photos and Instagram carousels and digital graphics for our website.
The ideal incumbent is:
- Proficient in video editing with Adobe Premiere
- Proficient in image editing software such as Canva, Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom
- Informed on social media trends and engaging content
- Able to build a social media content strategy for page growth and follower engagement
- Familiar with social media scheduling softwares like Facebook Creator Studio, Hootsuite or Later
- Familiar with YouTube Studio, YouTube SEO and YouTube thumbnail creation
- Experienced with Instagram Reels and TikTok
- Edit advertisements in Adobe Premiere
- Edit Instagram Reels and TikTok videos from existing student content
- Can create educational Instagram Reels and TikTok videos from scratch
- Captioning all videos as both CC (YouTube) and in-video (Instagram, Facebook, TikTok)
- Create graphic content via Canva. This includes Instagram carousels, stories, YouTube thumbnails and more.
Social Media Management
- Take existing or new content and post them on social media platforms once a week
- Create and execute a content strategy for our main social media platforms (Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Pinterest)
- Utilize all assets of each platform including Stories, IGTV, Reels, etc
- Evenly create, acquire and distribute content for all seven of our programs
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary program relating to marketing, copywriting, graphic design, or a similar field.
- Strong English writing skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Adobe Premiere
- Demonstrated knowledge of running an Instagram business account
- Previous video editing samples
- Previous graphic design samples
- Familiarity in social media scheduling platforms like Hootsuite and Facebook Creator Studio
- Familiarity in YouTube Studio
- Part-time hours: 16-24 per week
Job Type: Part-time
Contract length: 4 months
Part-time hours: 16-24 per week
Expected start date: 2021-08-01
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- 8 hour shift
- Are you currently enrolled in a Canadian post-secondary institution?
- Are you a Canadian citizen or permanent resident?