Vaughan International Film Festival
The Vaughan International Film Festival proudly showcases both local and international talent on all levels. We are a not-for-profit organization dedicated to inspiring, fostering, and endorsing local and international artists in filmmaking.
We are currently looking for a Volunteer Video Editor to work on videos on a project-to-project basis who will have access to mainstream movies and tv shows. Here is a link to see previous work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK9iUZDng5o
The applicant should have:
- 2+ years experience;
- own professional video editing software and be familiar with either Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro and/or Media Composer;
- high attention to detail;
- multitasking and time management capabilities since you may be working on multiple projects simultaneously;
Not mandatory but preferred:
- laptop for editing
- video shooting experience
- consumer of movies and tv shows
- knowledge of pop culture and trends
Your tasks include:
- editing a range of videos such as: promotional material, film trailers, nomination introductions, interviews, etc.
- editing videos for various social medias and platforms
- attending monthly Marketing Meetings
- collaborating with a team on projects
Please provide links to portfolio or previous work.
Reference ID: VFF-VVEditor21
Part-time hours: 5-15 per week
Job Type: Volunteer
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Work from home
Work can be done remotely from home unless a file drop-off is needed then it can be safely arranged; meetings are done online through Zoom but will resume meeting in office once it is safe to do so.
- Video Editing: 2 years (required)